Monday 8 September 2014

2 Sketches of a Nude

I've been reorganizing my art supplies and sketchbooks lately and I came across these two sketches. I completly forgot that I had them. I don't do many ballpoint pen drawings now, so seeing these made me miss this technique. Take a look at the incredible simplicity the ballpoint pen gives to a sketch. Isn't it amazing? 
But what I like most about it is that although you're making very hard contrastive lines, the drawing may be delicate and subtle with a lot of air in it. Sketching people with ballpoint pen is especially difficult but the expression it gives is well worth the effort. Wouldn't you agree?

Enjoy my sketches while I'm going back to my new experiments with this technique :)



20,5x13,5cm, ballpoint pen on paper



20,5x13,5cm, ballpoint pen on paper


See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. Wow. The second looks soooo much like my partner's nephew. I will show him (partner) when he wakes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye and work are very comprehensive, not overwrought, satisfying.


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloudia.
      P.S.I know about the lava on Hawaii. I hope you're all right. Stay safe, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Marielle - these are wonderful. Just proves the simple tools in the hand of an artist can render great work. Hope you are enjoying your day. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, you're so sweet.
      And simple doesn't always mean easy. In fact, it usually requires making some kind of synthesis, in this case you have to describe the light, the shape, the mood and everything with a single stroke of your pen.
      Have a great weekend, Debbie!

      Delete
  4. Hello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure
    hpv
    Hiv/Aids
    epilepsy
    sickle cell anaemia
    diabetes
    copd
    barrenness
    cancer
    wart
    psoriasis
    pityriasis rosea etc.
    email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete